21km Race Information
ENTRIES ARE SOLD OUT
WHEN: Sunday 13 January 2019
WHERE: Virgin Active Club, 101 Van Buuren Road, Bedfordview
Limited to 6 500 entries only!
Opening date for entries: 22 October 2018
Closing date for entries: 15 December 2018 (or when 6 500 entries have been received)
Entry fee includes Race Entry, Goodie Bag & Technical T-Shirt (T&C’s apply)
6000 On-line Entries
Standard R180 | Juniors & Grand Masters R130
500 Late On-line Entries
Standard R210 | Juniors & Grand Masters R210
ALL MANUAL ENTRIES
Standard R200 | Juniors & Grand Masters R130
ChampionChip R150 (new purchases only)
ChampionChip single Use chip R50
Temporary licence numbers R25
T&Cs: While we will endeavour to supply your T-Shirt size we cannot guarantee your preferred size. Goodie Bags & T-Shirts will not be handed out on Race Day. Goodie Bags may vary in content.
All participants are required to have a ChampionChip to receive a result.
A participant who does not wish to purchase a permanent ChampionChip can hire a single use chip for R50, which will be eligible for use at this event only.
ENQUIRIES:083 287 6792 / email@example.com
Seeded start race.
Please see race flyer for all other information.
** All participants are required to have a ChampionChip to receive a result and be eligible for prizes. A participant who does not wish to purchase a permanent ChampionChip can hire a single use chip, which will be eligible for use at this event only, at a cost of R45.
Registration Venues and Times
Race Number Collection Venues and Times
All entrants MUST register before the event, and collect their race numbers and goodie bags:
(No Goodie Bags or T-shirts will be handed out on Race Day)
It does not matter where you requested to register, you can go to any registration point:
Thursday 10 January Dis-Chem, Nicolway from 9h30 to 17h00
Friday 11 January Dis-Chem Park Meadows from 9h30 to 17h00
Saturday 12 January Race Venue – Virgin Active on the Field 9h30 – 15h30
TO COLLECT FOR SOMEONE ELSE
Race number confirmation and some form of identification (ID, Drivers, copy of ID) must be presented by the collecting party.
NO CHIP, NO TIME, NO PRIZES
Click here to view the ChampionChip website
Runners who do not have a ChampionChip can purchase one when entering on-line. The chip is a once off purchase which can be used at any future ChampionChip timed event, be it road running (eg. Comrades), cycling or swimming.
ChampionChip cost: R120 –
If you order a chip it will be waiting for you in the race pack that you will receive at Registration.
RACE PHOTOS: www.actionphoto.net
(available at the latest, 10 days after the race)
Dis-Chem 21km Rules
- NO CHIP – NO RESULTS (21km only).
- The race is held under the rules of ASA and CGA.
- All athletes participate at their own risk & acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin during the entry process.
- The minimum age for entry is 16 years old on race day
- No littering on route and anyone found to be littering may be disqualified.
- All athletes must wear the event race number provided on the front of their vests and must ensure the title sponsor on the provincial licence is clearly visible.
- Licenced athletes must:
– belong to a club affiliated to ASA
– wear their club colours
– wear their 2018 licence number on the front & back of their vests or purchase a temporary license
- Licenced athletes not wearing their club colours may face disqualification.
- Unlicenced athletes must buy a temporary licence at registration and wear plain clothing with the temporary license on the back of their vests.
- Numerical age category ID tags must be visible on both front and back of athletes competing for category prizes.
- Proof of age to be produced on request on Race Day and prize money may be withheld until all necessary details are verified.
- Athletes indemnify national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all and any actions of whatsoever nature that may occur during the race.
- No seconding or bicycles are allowed along the route. Ample refreshment stations are provided.
- No blades, cycles, scooters or mechanically operated devices.
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchair athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission from the race organiser. All such participants must start at the back of the field.
- No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
- No refunds.
- We regret that athletes are not allowed to participate with pets.
- Foreign athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin in the event of their winning a prize. This is in compliance with the IAAF & ASA rule 142.2 and 4.2.
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial licence and are required to purchase a temporary licence or face disqualification. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours unless such club exists in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalised citizens of RSA. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
- The official cut-off time is 09:30 (both 21km and 5km), whereafter all marshals & officials will be withdrawn from the course.
- No entries on Race Day.
- No duplicate of lost numbers will be issued.
- No Goodie Bags or T-Shirts will be distributed on the day of the event.
- If an athlete can’t participate, they may allow another athlete to use their number, but must provide a letter confirming the substitution, as well as a copy of their ID. An admin fee of R50 is charged for substitutions, to be paid in cash. Substitutions can only be made at registration (excluding race morning) using the original race number.
- No earphones allowed and contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b, may lead to disqualification.
- It’s illegal to run with another athlete’s race number and all athletes found to be contravention of this rule will be reported to CGA and their respective club.
- No athlete may participate in our race without buying an official entry and if found in contravention of this rule will be liable for all late entry penalties with habitual offenders will be reported to CGA and their respective club.
- All instructions from traffic & race officials/marshals must be obeyed at all times.
- The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes before or after prize giving, in writing’ to the chief referee accompanied by R500.00 which is refundable should the appeal be upheld.
Release & Waiver
I warrant that I am in good health, physically fit and have sufficiently trained to participate in this endurance event. I agree to comply with the rules, conditions and regulations of IAAF, ASA & CGA, which include the payment of the entry fee. If you are found to have cheated, or provided any incorrect or fraudulent information in your entry, or failed to complete required fields, it will be rejected and your entry will not be accepted. I hereby release and discharge the organizers of the Dis-Chem Half Marathon, all sponsors, volunteer groups, medical personnel, and any and all local authorities, from any loss or damage, however caused, arising from my participation in the event, including pre-race and post-race activities.
This waiver applies to my executors, my heirs, administrators, assigns and myself. I undertake not to exhibit or wear any advertising material or logos contrary to the rules of IAAF, ASA & CGA. I also grant my permission to the Organizer’s or its agents, in terms of Section 51 of the Electronic Communications Transactions Act 25 of 2002, to use my name, race information and any photographs, video tapes, broadcast and/or telecast footage in which I may appear, for whatever use, at no charge.